Comment on page
Enabling multi-factor authentication
Learn how to enable multi-factor authentication for your Digital River account.
You can choose from the following authentication factors to provide additional security for your Digital River account during login:
- SMS authentication - Uses SMS (short message service) to send a text message with a code for verification.
- Google authentication - Uses the Google Authenticator mobile app to create a unique security code on your phone to enter for verification.
To enable these settings, go to your Profile settings page after you have created your Digital River account. Scroll to Multi-factor authentication in the Account security section. The default setting for both methods is Off.
SMS authentication lets you require an additional login credential (besides just your username and password) to gain access to your account.
To do that, you provide access to your mobile phone by adding your mobile phone number to your Profile. Digital River uses this trusted phone number to send a code to your phone to help verify your identity.
To enable SMS authentication, use the following steps:
- 1.On the Profile settings page, scroll to Multi-factor authentication in the Account security section and select On from the drop-down next to the SMS choice.
- 2.In the supplied dialog, enter the trusted contact Mobile phone number to be used during authentication. You also must provide your account password.
A code is sent to your mobile phone number each time you sign in to help verify your identity. You need to enter this code to complete the sign-in process.
You may return to this page anytime to turn Off this feature using the same drop-down.
Important: When you turn this authentication method Off, you lose your saved phone number.
The Google authentication method lets you add an additional login credential (besides just your username and password) to gain access to your account.
To do that, you first provide access to your mobile phone by providing the mobile phone number in your Profile Settings. After you install the Google Authenticator app on your phone, Digital River can then use the security code generated by the app to verify your identity.
To enable Google authentication, use the following steps:
- 1.On the Profile settings page, scroll to Multi-factor authentication in the Account security section and select On from the drop-down next to the Google authentication choice.
- 2.When the Setup Google Authenticator modal appears, use the mobile device you are using to authenticate the displayed QR code. Scan this and follow the instructions to set up your account and begin generating security codes. Click Activate.