How it works
Learn how the Digital River Global Commerce version 2.3.0 Extension for Adobe Commerce works.
- Use the Digital River Global Commerce version 2.3.0 Extension for Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source to enable Digital River to be the merchant of record for storefronts hosted in Magento.
- Magento maintains all pricing and product data.
- Digital River maintains minimal product data to fulfill the requirements for the merchant of record for tax calculations, tax collections, tax payments, and payment processing.
- Digital River automatically syncs with Magento via the extension to acquire the information needed to calculate taxes and enable the merchant of record functions.
- Digital River maintains a copy of the cart, customer, and order, while Magento retains the original data.
Digital River’s extension does not send emails directly to shoppers. All emails must be configured and sent by the client using Magento or their preferred email platform.