Install the Digital River app
Learn how to install the Digital River app.
To install the Digital River app:
- 1.Use the Quick start guide to set up a test account and then sign in to the Digital River Dashboard to access your test account, set the API version, and get your API keys. From the Dashboard:
- 2.Sign in to BigCommerce.
- 2.Install the Digital River app from the BigCommerce Marketplace. Note that the site owner must install the app.
To register your API keys:
- 1.In the BigCommerce platform, click Apps and then Digital River to open the Digital River Payments, Fraud, Tax & Compliance Management app.
- 2.Enter your test confidential key in the Digital River Test Confidential API Key field. These keys are available on the Digital River Dashboard. The Digital River Production Confidential API Key field can remain empty until you provision the live site. Note: You are not required to provide the production confidential API key. The Digital River Production Confidential API Key field can remain empty until you are ready to go live.
- 3.Choose one of the following options:
- Select the Use Digital River Fulfillment check box if you will be using Digital River managed fulfillment.Important: Do not select the Use Production Key check box until testing is complete and you are ready to launch your site.
- Required. Select the Use Digital River Multi-Origin Shipping Option check box and enter the shipping location combination in the Provide Destination-Origin shipping location combination field.The shipping location combination contains the shipping address, a pair of two-letter Alpha-2 country codes that represent the ship-to country and ship-from country delimited by a right chevron (
>) such as
FR>FR. Where France (FR) is the ship-to country and France (FR) is the ship-from country. When entering the shipping location, use the following format:
line1|line2|city|state|postal code|country code. You can use a comma (
,) to delimit multiple shipping location combinations and a double pipe (
||)such as if there is no value. For example:
US>134-135 main street||Minnesota|MN|55343|US,CA>CA,FR>FR,DEFAULT>CNNote:
- When shipping from Canada or the United States, you must provide the full ship-from address for tax purposes.
- If a ship-to country code is NOT found in the list provided and if the
DEFAULTkey is available, then apply the value from the
DEFAULTkey. In the example above, it would be
- If there is NO
DEFAULTkey in the string, then BigCommerce will apply a tax estimate origin address country_code/locale country_code.
- If the Provide Destination-Origin shipping location combination field is empty, then BigCommerce will apply the tax estimate origin address country_code/locale country_code.
- 4.Click Submit. When you successfully register your API keys, you will see the following message: